[Herbalist] Organic lanolin?

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Dec 9 16:10:09 PST 2003

Does anybody out there have a source for organic lanolin?  And, has
anybody tried making salves with lanolin as the base?  I took Jadwiga's
class on salves and ointments a few years ago, and she focused on
beeswax and lard/shortening.  Would I use lanolin just like lard?

I've been having awful problems with painfully dry skin on my hands this
winter, and have never had this problem before.  So far, the only thing
that has seemed to help is the Lansinoh left over from when I started to
nurse my daughter, Talia.  Once I'm through this tube, I'd like to make
up a more proper salve.

Thank you!

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei