[Herbalist] Organic lanolin?

jenne@fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 9 18:44:09 PST 2003

> Does anybody out there have a source for organic lanolin?  And, has
> anybody tried making salves with lanolin as the base?  I took Jadwiga's
> class on salves and ointments a few years ago, and she focused on
> beeswax and lard/shortening.  Would I use lanolin just like lard?

Hm... Village Herb Shop in Blue Ball, now taken over by a new owner
(Lelani Buckwalter) has lanolin. I'm working under the assumption that
it's real lanolin and not synthetic. I have some that has been sitting
around the house-- I'll find it try to get it to you by
Eisental-Hartshorndale express.

I would experiment with working with it like shortening...

-- Jadwiga, who is breaking out the salves herself this month...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_