[Herbalist] Sachets as Largesse

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 12:42:06 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/20/2003 1:17:25 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
audette at sapheron.org writes:

> It would be great if someone has a suggestion of an herb/spice mix for
> armor
> boxes, or perhaps one for a garb bin/closet.  Even a recommendation of an
> online site that provides good recipes would be helpful.
>
> I live in Ansteorra, and so an very wary about using anything that might
> include wax, as thing shave atendency to melt here...
>
> Thank you!
>
> Audette

Chamomille, any kind of mint, cloves, lemon grass.

Any of the above make good sachets and also make good teas.  I usually make
some small muslin teabags and put the herbs in those then pull the topstring
tight and tie it.  You can then use the drawstring to hang it from a hanger in
the linen closet or simply lay it in a drawer or armor box (the cloves are esp
good for armor boxes.

I get the cheap bags for putting hosiery into a washing machine at the
grocery store and put about a dozen of those teabags in our traveling chest.  This
allows the teabags to act as sachets without coming in contact with anything
else.  Then, as needed, I can pull one of the teabags out, steep it in hot
water, and have a soothing tea.  I usually use chamomille and mint in mine as it
not only provides a nice, and not overwhelming, scent, it also makes a soothing
and relaxing tea that is gentle on the stomach.

Constance de la Rose