[Herbalist] Apples

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 24 10:21:30 PDT 2003

Crab apples are New World, I believe.  A Lady apple is a period variety that
is still around today.  Pippins were small, hard, and not very sweet, but
not as tart or as small as a crab, IIRC.
Try checking out the Florilegium (.org), there have been numerous
discussions about apples on the SCA Cook's list and I'm sure there is
information there.
Christianna