[Herbalist] Garden Report

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Mon Aug 23 12:42:29 PDT 2004

Hello, all,

I'm relatively new here, and have been lurking for a few weeks to boot.
The garden reports have spurred me to thinking, and as usual, questions
come from that.

I currently have:
Rosemary: in a huge pot, growing like the proverbial weed.  It doesn't
look anything like those closely-branched ones that come out around the
holidays though.  Is that a different kind? It's in a sunny spot on the
east side.
English Lavender:  also in a huge pot, in a little more shade than the
Rosemary.  Can't decide whether to live or die.  I really want this
unruly little guy to survive.  Is there something I should be doing?
Pennyroyal:  also in a pot, doing ok. Nothing spectacular at all.
Tomatoes: moved them to the west side of this house this year.  They
hate it.  <sigh>  So the east doesn't work, the west doesn't work.  I
really disagree with south in Texas - endless sunshine - and north is
pretty much solid shade.

I'm not much of a gardener here in Texas - not used to the heat, bright
sun, etc.  If anyone has suggestions, or a url to go to, I'd love to
hear from you.

We're moving in November.  That's why my herbs are all in pots.  I'll
set them free when I have the herb garden plot set up there.  It'll be
on the south/east of the house - very, very sunny.  With luck, it'll
work out somehow.

I have hopes of some sort of herb-based gifts for Twelfth Night this
year.....

Be well,
Gerita

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross