[Herbalist] Beginning an herb garden

Tricia Emery jessimond at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 19:47:30 PST 2004

In the deep south, mint actually does better with a bit of shade - otherwise you cannot keep it watered enough and it gets all crispy!  Meridies has a small herbal guild and I know they would love to help you get use to gardening year-round.  If you are attending Gulf Wars next month, the guild is having a meeting on Thursday at noon in the Dragon Or encampment.  Also at Gulf Wars Eleyn Heath (from the Sages of Seleone) will be teaching a class on French Herb Mixtures for Culinary Use, Wednesday, 10 AM, near the Page's pavilion.  They have a yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/herb_guild/

If you cannot attend Gulf Wars, they have their annual meeting at Kingdom A & S.

Good Luck!

Jessimond - founding Steward of the Sages of Seleone and previous Chronicler for the Herbal Guild of Meridies

"Carper, Rachel" <rachel.carper at hp.com> wrote:
It took me almost two solid years to coax my mint to grow. I'm transplanted from Maryland to Georgia and I just can not get used to having to plant in Feb. Here planting season is almost over. Ok, it's still chilly and I wouldn't plant yet, but like I said I'm not really from around here.

Does anybody know any good plants for shade? My front yard is mostly all shade.

Elewyiss