[Hou-announce] Gate's Edge A&S Championship

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 29 06:43:20 PDT 2006

Good gentles all,
On October 14, the Shire of Gate's Edge will be hosting their Fall event, Drachenstich.  For the past year, I have had the honor of being the shire's titled artisan.  As such, it is my privilage to coordinate the championship which will determine my successor.

The A&S Championship will be based on a single piece entry, with documentation required.  Artisans are requested to set up their display after morning court and before Noon.  Judging will begin at Noon.  All entries should then be picked up between 4-5pm.  Any artisans presenting a consumable display should notify the championship coordinator (HL Alden Drake) prior to judging (preferably at least the day before).  In addition to the championship, a second prize will be awarded for "Best use of a dragon", in keeping with the theme of the event.  The dragon can be incorporated into the artisan's championship entry, or be entered as a secondary piece.  The winner of this secondary competition will be based on popular vote, so everyone is encouraged to come by and view the displays.

If anyone has questions or concerns regarding the championship, please feel free to contact me.  For details on the event, please refer to your Sep/Oct Black Star and the Gate's Edge website, http://gates-edge.ansteorra.org/

In service,
HL Alden Drake, CIM
Outgoing Artisan of Gate's Edge