[Hou-announce] [OT] Free to good home: motorized Christmas yard decorations

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 22 09:17:10 PST 2006

Greetings from Michael Silverhands and Sahirah:

Do you enjoy "over the top" Christmas yard decorations? If so -- and
if you have the means to move a couple of big, heavy items -- have we
got a deal for you!

Free to good home, two large motorized Christmas yard decorations.

One is a big turntable with a Christmas tree on top. The turntable
has a "skirt" tall enough for banners (e.g. "Merry Christmas from the
Tuckers!", "Ho! Ho! Ho!", whatever you want).

The other one has a large lighted lucite globe in the middle, painted
to look like Earth. There's a sleigh with Santa in it, drawn by
reindeer, all of which are plastic and also lit from within. The
sleigh/reindeer assembly is at the end of a stout arm which goes
around the globe, so it looks like Santa's sleigh is orbiting the
earth. The reindeer are motorized and go up and down (like on a merry-
go-round).

Both ornaments have a core frame of aluminum bar stock, other very
stout metal and some lumber (2x4s). Each has a big electric motor,
chain, gearing, etc., plus a plywood skin to cover and dress up the
assembly. Each one could stand to have its skin touched up. But
mechanically they are in great condition, at least they were the last
time they were used (Christmas 3-4 years ago). They've been sitting
in our garage out of the weather since then.

Each one is about half the size of a small car, and weighs probably
in the vicinity of 1000 pounds. Eight strong men working carefully
together were able to lift each one off a flat-bed trailer and carry
it into our garage. Two strong men can not budge one even 1 inch. My
cousin who made them used to move them around using a forklift.

If we had the means to move them around, we'd try to make use them,
but we don't. And we are planning to move to the Loch area sometime
in the next couple of months, so we either want these great
decorations (as such) to find a new home and be loved, or the
aluminum bar stock, etc. to be recycled and turned into cash in our
pocket. Either way, we need this to happen as soon as possible.

Please contact us off-list if you are interested.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Michael and Sahirah