[Hou-announce] OT - HCCC Enamel Class

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 10:02:13 PDT 2009

Greetings,
>From time to time, I'm asked to teach folks about the metalsmith/glass process of enameling (glass on metal).  Sadly, I'm just not setup to do hands-on classes on the subject currently, perhaps in the future.

However, this summer, a class is being offered at the Houston Center for Contemporary Crafts (in Houston in the museum district) taught by two enamelists.  I'm told the class still has a few openings, so thought I'd pass along the info to this list.

I've known the teachers for years, both professional enamelists; the class is a great opportunity to learn the beginning of enamels. The price for the class is very reasonable for enamel classes.
INTRODUCTION TO ENAMEL
with Karin Martin & Lisa Krueger

Two classes, 12 hours total
Saturday, June 27, 10 AM — 5 PM
Sunday, June 28, 12 — 5 PM
Tuition: $200 + $50 materials fee
All materials will be provided & HCCC members will
receive a tuition discount.)

Discover the colorful world of vitreous enameling with
former HCCC resident artist, Karin Martin, and master
sgraffito artist, Lisa Krueger. Participants will create
multiple projects using stenciling, sgraffito and silver
foil. For reasons of safety, please wear closed-toe shoes
and wear or bring a long-sleeved shirt. Please bring a
sack lunch.

Limited to 8 participants
You may register by calling the Houston Center for
Contemporary Craft at 713-529-4848 and asking for the
Asher Gallery.