LR - fwd: new search engine

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 08:17:20 PDT 2000

This is forwarded from the A&S list.  Thanks to Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka
Jennifer Heise for the information:

I got notice about this new search engine today, and just tried it out. I
find it helpful...

13. SearcheBooks.com
http://www.searchebooks.com/

MaxBot.com, creator of SearchEdu, SearchGov, and SearchMil (see the
January 28, 2000 _Scout Report_), also offers SearcheBooks, a search
engine that indexes the full text of "thousands" of online books.
Like its siblings, SearcheBooks offers a simple keyword search
interface and caches the versions of pages that its robots find.
Unlike them, however, SearcheBooks returns two URLs for each hit, one
for the provider's page, and one for the full text of the book. While
the search engine can be used to find particular references within
the books indexed, it is probably best used to search for the books
themselves, for personal or pedagogical use, via author, title, or
subject. [MD]

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise        jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"