LR - Loch Ruadh Company

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Thu Jun 1 10:15:13 PDT 2000

At 10:48 AM 6/1/00 -0700, you wrote:

 “Ruadh Garda” should be fine as well.

>loach		-	warrior
>loachra		-	warriors

>Pronunciation help is available for the Celticly-challenged. <grin>
>
>Padraig

Even though I 'live' with a bunch of Celts, I have yet to master the
language.  I believe that phonics was a few years down the road ;) , So
would you try the written pronounciation of these 3 words: Garda, Loach &
Lochra?  I understand that Loch is Lock but with an 'a' in it?????  I would
vote to alter my suggestion of Ruadh Guard to any of these 3 in combination
with Ruadh.

Any help given this lowly Italian immigrant would be appreciated.

Bicé

PS  Keep our Herald out of it or we will be the Garda Gules! (G)  Or maybe
something much worse. Of course I'm not sure of the language of the SCA
sanctioned colors.  Is it French or what?  If so then Garda would be wrong
too.Oh well (sigh).