LR - Apology

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Jun 9 10:41:13 PDT 2000

Sean said -

>    I wish to apologize for my display of enthusiasm Wednesday night at Populace meeting in response to HE Galen's question as to our sponsoring the archery tournament at Elfsea's Defender.  I was thinking more of my personal desire to do this rather the implications of how it would effect the Canton as a whole.  Please forgive this newbie officer and understand I am very willing to discuss this amongst the officers and populace and will accept your decision on whether this is something we really want to do.

Sean, I never have a problem with people being enthusiastic about aspects of the Society that they like.  As I understand it, my able Deputy (thanks for filling in at no notice, Conor), handled it properly, saying that we would need to discuss it at Officers Meeting.  I'm inclined to support the idea, and we'll give everyone who is interested a chance to have their say on the subject.

To all:  Please, never hesitate to be enthusiastic and to share your ideas.  One of our strengths as a group is the free exchange of ideas.  Will every idea be adopted?  Will everything that one or more of use is enthusiastic about actually happen?  Of course not, but many will, and that is what keeps us vital and growing.  So keep the ideas coming, and keep the enthusiasm level high!

Nunc Est Bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.