LR - Loch Ruadh Company Idea

Adam Harrison hookshot at star-telegram.com
Thu Jun 15 13:12:14 PDT 2000

Bjorn speaks... (duck!)

This is spur of the moment thing here... if it just doesn't seem good, beat
me over the head with a wet noodle the next time you see me...

Over the past few months I have noticed fighters expressing concerns for not
being heavy cav this year(or ever again in some cases).

My thinking here is if we drop the idea of the LR company having a heavy
cav, why not eliminate shields alltogether?  We could exclusively use spears
and glaives.

My thinking here is the Talons, assuming they fight with the "Elfsea army"
again, could be our shield protection when it is needed.

I'm envisioning several specialized units in this new Elfsea army.  Lywellan
has already voiced ideas for having a separate archers only unit, and we
have the new seige engine battery(once the ballistas and our trebuchet are
built).  Loch Ruadh could provide the polearm support while the Talons,
Broken Axe(assuming they get armored and go to war) and the Elfsea levy
could provide the main shieldwall, freeing the Arthurian Company for special
maneuvers(such as Heavy Cav charges).  Setup in this way, the "Elfsea Army"
would be a true coordinated army.  Each of our units could survive on its
own, but working together we can combine the high points of each unit, and
minimize the weaknesses.  And let's not forget about our friends from the
north- The Iron Lance.  They want to come fight with us again.  They could
fit in providing a reserve shieldwall, in case ours begins to crumble.

See what happens when I don't get alot of sleep!
-Bjorn