LR - Loch Ruadh Company Idea

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at mailcity.com
Fri Jun 16 09:54:31 PDT 2000

I think Bjorn's idea has some merit - let's discuss it at the mini-tourney tomorrow.  If we are rained out, let's meet somewhere to discuss this and other issues that pertain to the Loch Ruadh Company (such as selecting a name).  Any preferences for a meeting place?

Padraig
---
Nunc est bibendum
******************
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:12:14
 Adam Harrison wrote:
>Bjorn speaks... (duck!)
>
>This is spur of the moment thing here... if it just doesn't seem good, beat
>me over the head with a wet noodle the next time you see me...
>
>Over the past few months I have noticed fighters expressing concerns for not
>being heavy cav this year(or ever again in some cases).
>
>My thinking here is if we drop the idea of the LR company having a heavy
>cav, why not eliminate shields alltogether?  We could exclusively use spears
>and glaives.
>
>My thinking here is the Talons, assuming they fight with the "Elfsea army"
>again, could be our shield protection when it is needed.
>
>I'm envisioning several specialized units in this new Elfsea army.  Lywellan
>has already voiced ideas for having a separate archers only unit, and we
>have the new seige engine battery(once the ballistas and our trebuchet are
>built).  Loch Ruadh could provide the polearm support while the Talons,
>Broken Axe(assuming they get armored and go to war) and the Elfsea levy
>could provide the main shieldwall, freeing the Arthurian Company for special
>maneuvers(such as Heavy Cav charges).  Setup in this way, the "Elfsea Army"
>would be a true coordinated army.  Each of our units could survive on its
>own, but working together we can combine the high points of each unit, and
>minimize the weaknesses.  And let's not forget about our friends from the
>north- The Iron Lance.  They want to come fight with us again.  They could
>fit in providing a reserve shieldwall, in case ours begins to crumble.
>

>See what happens when I don't get alot of sleep!
>-Bjorn

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct