LR - Springfaire A&S

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Tue May 16 12:20:57 PDT 2000

Asa said -

>THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT HELPED WITH THE CAVE SALE.  You made my small job
>that much easier. I appreciate all the effort and contributions.

Hardly a small job - the Cave Sale brought in well over $200 to add to the coffers of the Canton Treasury.  Thank you, Asa, for driving the effort, setting it up, and being there to run it.  In addition to the Cave Sale profits, our good cousins from Dragonsfire Tor bought 4 spun does from me as I was packing up on Sunday, adding another $60 to the profits. (Bice', what does that give us for a total for the weekend?)

>Don't forget that Lord Caerrell's (sorry for the spelling) son, Curtis, got
>very favorable mentions on his entry of torcs and circlets.  They were very
>well done.  This is his first A&S and although not even sixteen, he competed
>well with all the adults and held his own. I hear he is also about to compete
>in the brewing catagories (non- alchohol).  We all should encourage our
>youngsters - they'll all grow into wonderful, competent adults.

I second that - when our children are given the opportunity, they can be truly amazing (and giving them things to do keeps them out of mischief, too).

>Vivat all around for a rising young gentleman from Loch Ruadh, and all the
>others youngsters who contributed their time to the kingdom as waterbearers,
>servers and well behaved youngsters (we even had young ladies stay all the
>way through a very long court, congratulations Pookie!!! and a vivat for your
>daughter's archery award)
>I hope to see all of these young ones enter something in the juvenille A&S in
>August.  I bet they beat the pants off some of the adults!!!

Many times our children capture the wonder of the game we play much better than we do, for their imaginations are still fresh and unjaded.  Let us continue to encourage them so that they can keep that sense of wonder all their lives.

>Congratulations to the parents for the hard work and love that shows with
>such well behaved young ones.  Vivat.

I second that.  All of the children in the Loch Ruadh encampment this past weekend were very well behaved - something that reflects well on both the children and their parents.

Nunc Est Bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.

[...]

Ldy. Asa, Minister of Arts & Science, Loch Ruadh