ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for October

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Oct 3 16:44:59 PDT 2000

Greetings,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for October describing
what is new in my Florilegium files.

If you have suggestions, criticisms or comments about these files,
please let me know by email. If you have written an article, perhaps
for a local newsletter, that others in the Known World might be
interested in please consider sending it to me for possible
inclusion in the Florilegium.

If you maintain an SCA webpage and would like to recieve a version
of this article formatted for the web please let me know.

Stefan
--------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past ten years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
Under CHILDREN:
   chd-actvites-msg    Children's activities for SCA events.
Under CLOTHING:
   cross-dressng-msg   Cross-dressing in period.
Under COMMERCE:
   p-insurance-msg     Use of insurance in period. Dowry insurance.
Under CRAFTS:
   fur-msg             Use of fur in period. Dyeing it., fake fur.
Under CHIVALRY:
   25-years-late-art   "Why I Was Twenty-five Years  Late, Swearing
                          Fealty to the Crown" by Duke Andrew of
                          Lockehaven.
Under FOOD:
   roast-chicken-msg   Period and SCA baked or roasted chicken.
   hollopotrida-msg    Period holopotrida recipes. Stews with a
                          very wide variety of ingredients.
Under FOOD-BREADS:
   shortbread-msg      Period shortbreads. Recipes.
Under FOOD-UTENSILS:
   tablecloths-msg     Period tablecloths. SCA feast tablecloths.
Under PERSONAL CARE:
   Roman-hygiene-msg   Hygiene of the Romans.
Under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
   Pattrn-gardns-art   "Parterres and the Jardins Potager in the
                          Current Middle Ages" by Akim Yaroslavich.
Under SCA-SOCIOLOGY:
   The-Blow-art        "The Blow Which Did Not Fall"
                          by HL William McNaughton.
Under SCA-STORIES:
   Aten-hist-art       "Atenveldt . . . As I Remember It" by Duke
                          Arthur of Lockehaven.
Under UNCATALOGUED:
   p-slavery-msg       Slavery in medieval Europe and Middle East.

Here are a few of the files which have had significant additions:
   chicken-msg     Period and SCA chicken recipes.
   commerce-msg    Commerce and trade in period.
   cuskynoles-msg  A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.
   demos-msg       SCA demos for education and recruitment.
   fd-Poland-msg   Food of period Poland. Referances.
   headcooks-msg   Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.
   organ-meats-msg Period cooking of organ meats.
   p-menus-msg     Examples of medieval feast menus.
   parchment-msg   Making and buying parchment. substitutes.
---
Copyright 2000, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>