LR- Sew Like There's No Tomorrow

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Sat Sep 16 06:51:57 PDT 2000

Polydore managed to find one of the majic words that makes emails bounce, so I am forwarding this...

> > Bjorn is here and says about 70!  2 ft is kind of short, however. 3ft would be much better Pound about 1/2 the length into the ground, and you still have a reasonable length above to fasten the pole to it.
> > Polydore
> >
> > and remember, Sean wears size 10 dresses! (per
>
> Ok  I don't know how many I can get @ 3 ft.  I am going tonight to pick em up.  I'll email you with a #.
> Is the plan to stick the rebar into the end of the bamboo or to duct tape/wire/zip tie  the stick to the rebar?
>
> Just out of curiosity,  does Sean need a size 10 dress?
>
> Dunstan

All right, let us know how you do. I have a few here, and can cut some more, though I have not much stock.  If we just need a few more, I will buy the rebar - if we need a lot, I will need some help paying for
it (Didn't win the millions again, durn!).  Some 2 ft pieces could certainly be used for the shorter poles. The poles vary from about 6 to 18 feet.  It would look nicer to stick the bamboo over the stakes, but
that means we nee a long drill about the right size (I probably have this.) and more importantly, TIME to drill the joints of the (green and wet) bamboo. We are likely to have to depend on the old faithful Item
we all keep companies in business with - duct tape.

Everybody bring hammers. That is a lot of pounding. And taping. And what size holes do the banners have in them (How large can the top part of the bamboo be??)?

I dunno if he NEEDS one, but Bjorn told me to put it on there, then tried to erase the (per Bjorn) from the end of it. Managed to erase the name before the send button took over, too.  I'm not sure what it is
about - perhaps Sean can enlighten us? Not that we believe much the sheepgatherer says, but other people can always add corrections. (TSFIC)
PP

tsfic tongue stuck firmly in cheek