LR- Loch Ruadh Offices Open for Bids (long - please read)

Cantley_Tim at emc.com Cantley_Tim at emc.com
Thu Apr 5 13:06:00 PDT 2001

I would like to add my two cents worth here even though I'm not sure it's
worth that much.  As I was Loch Ruadh's previous and first Archery Marshal,
it was all very new to me.  I had never held a previous office in Loch Ruadh
or anywhere else for that matter nor had I deputied to anyone.  I may have
stumbled a little at first but I found that enthusiasm made up for my lack
of experience and I soon learned that I had plenty of resources to call on
for help, both in the Canton from other officers, as well as from Elfsea and
Steppes when it came to archery type matters.  It didn't hurt having the
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Lord Fearghus, right next door in Elfsea either.
In addition, the Central Regional Archery Marshal is our very own Lady
Elizabeth.  The next Archery Marshal for Loch Ruadh will have plenty of
resources to draw on for help, including me via email if not in person.
What I'm getting to here is I hope that someone picks up where I left off
and continues with this office in Loch Ruadh.  I know there is plenty of
interest in archery in Loch Ruadh and I would hate to see the canton without
a leader in this area.  Now as Padraig has mentioned, to be an officer in
Loch Ruadh, as well as a warranted archery marshal in Ansteorra, you must be
a paid member of the SCA.  I will offer to anyone that does not have a paid
membership that wants to become the next archery marshal but is not putting
in their bid for this office because of this, I will pay your first years
membership in the SCA.  Therfore now that is not an excuse for anyone not
taking over this office.  Padraig, I ask that you let me know if anyone is
interested in putting in their bid but are in this situation and I will work
to get you or them the money to remedy this situation.

Yours in service,

Laird Sean of Argyll

P.S.  If you are looking for targets, I have plenty of sheep for you to