[Loch-ruadh] Today in history August 27

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sun Aug 26 23:36:59 PDT 2001

1172 Marguerite, wife of Henry Plantagenet, "the Young King," crowned Queen
( England).
1189 King Guy ( Jerusalem) lays siege to Acre.
1270 Death of King Louis IX ( France).
1310 Coronation of Charles I ( Hungary).
1529 Henry VIII (England) accedes to the Peace of Cambrai.
1549 Defeat of Kett's Rebellion. http://members.aol.com/kett99/history.htm
1557 St. Quentin taken by storm. (I have found references for a Saint who
died in the late 800's, and many references to a battle during WWI in
france, I can only assume this relates to that town.)
1576 Death of Tiziano Vecelli, known as "Titian," painter.
1587 John White sails for England from Roanoke Island.