[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Aug 20 11:06:20 PDT 2001

Galen wrote:

>Allessandra & I had another fine time at Lughnasad
>this year!  We appreciate the consideration shown
>in keeping the heat down for the comfort of our
>newborn baby and his recovering mother, and we
>thoroughly enjoyed presenting all those well-
>deserved awards.
>
>Her lady mother also greatly enjoyed her first SCA
>event.

We are all pleased and grateful that you could be there, Your  Excellecy, and that Her Excellency's mother could join us as well.  I'm sure that I was not the only one pleased at the opportunity to meet your new son.  As to the weather, I wish that when I asked for cooler temperatures that I had also specified "no rain".

>Duke Patrick expressed to me repeatedly how
>overwhelmed he was by the event, the prizes, and
>simply how much fun he was having.  I just told
>him, "welcome to Loch Ruadh".

Life is good in Elfsea, and it shows in Loch Ruadh.  :)

>Thanks everybody who put in all that hard work on
>making this happen.  Next year, we look forward to
>staying longer at the event.
>
>- Galen, Lord of Loch Ruadh

Many thanks for your kind words.  I'm already looking forward to next year's Lughnasad myself (although I think I'll volunteer for something less stressful than Autocrat - maybe working a shift at Troll, or being a water bearer, or taming moutain lions barehanded).

>(btw, was an unaccounted-for gray rug found under
>the baronial pavillion?  We left one behind
>inadvertantly.)

Dunstan and I found it Sunday morning, and I believe he packed it up after we set it out in the sun to dry.  We'll ensure that it gets to you.

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com