[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Aug 20 09:13:41 PDT 2001

Dunstan wrote:

>My family arrived home safely.  Now begins the drying out time..  :-)
>
>I want to thank everyone who helped with set up and tear down.  It was a big job
>I appreciate the help.

I want to point out that Dunstan did the lion's share of the work himself.  It is no mystery that he was recommended for the Sable Comet.

>I also want to thank everyone for the Sable Comet (and the Golden Lug Nut),
>that was awarded to me this weekend.  I am deeply honored to have friends such
>as you in Loch Ruadh.  "Of all the things which wisdom provides to make life
>entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship. "  Epicurus
>couldn't have said it better.
>Thank you all, my dear friends.

Lughnasad would have been incredibly more difficult had it not been for the work that Dunstan did before, during and after the event.  Many people put forth outstanding efforts and invested much time in Lughnasad; even in this company of hard and dedicated workers, Dunstan stands out.

>BTW, that piggy is so ugly, it's kinda cute!  Thanks!

And also gives us a new name for Dunstan:  Lord Saxon Dog, the Pig Boy!  :)

Padraig
Nunc est bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com