[Loch-ruadh] Scarlet Letter

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Thu Aug 23 13:22:11 PDT 2001

I hereby grant my permission to use all or part of the following missive for
publication in any SCA-related medium:

When I first took the position of Prize Reeve for Lughnasad, I did so with a
bit of trepidation, as I had heard that the prizes given the previous year
were such as to fill the winners with much pride and the non-winners with
much envy.

I made requests for prizes, and a few trickled in.  I got grumpy, and a few
more came in, along with several pledges.  At populace, more prizes were
donated.  I started becoming wary, as my wee wagon could only hold so many.
I feared putting the gifts in my closet at home, as my two bairns are fierce
meddlers, especially attracted to shiny objects, of which there were
becoming quite a few in the prize trove.

But I was totally unprepared for the flood of items that were donated on a
last minute basis at the site.  With the assistance of Lord Dohmnall
O'Ruairc, we were able to dole out the surfeit of goods in what I believe
was an equitable manner.  I will have an updated list later of all who gave,
and what was given.  Suffice it to say that the outpouring of generosity
shown by and on behalf of our Canton of Loch Ruadh was enough to overwhelm
me.  I have it on good authority that Loch Ruadh's word fame is spreading,
and many pledge to make sure they do not miss Lughnasad next year.

Loch Ruadh, you did yourself proud.  VIVAT!

Lady Madelina de Lyndesaye, Prize Reeve for Lughnasad, AS XXXVI