LR- PIECEWORK ARTICLES

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Sun Jan 14 21:39:49 PST 2001

"Piecework" the Magazine, January/February 2001 issue has a number of
articles that may be of interest to various people.  "Pulled Thread Lace"
with pictures and documentation of an original piece dated 1628.  "Bobbin
Lace" with pictures and documentation of articles dating 1495-1610.
"Precious Lace" with pictures of silk and lace gauntlets with metal
embroidery dated 1610-1620 (some descriptions on the creation of metallic
threads).  This issue also has a good write up on "Flemish Tapestry" by Guy
Delmarcel - a wonderful book I highly recommend for anyone interested in
needlework/tapestry/embroidery.

Its not often you can pick up a current issue from the newsstand and find so
much information applicable to our time periods.  I was very pleased with the
photos which gave an upclose picture of the stitches and materials and are a
wonerful reference.

Feel free to forward this - I just felt I had to share.

Asa Hrafnasdottir
Loch Ruadh