[Loch-ruadh] Today in history July 4th

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 3 23:00:41 PDT 2001

On this date:

1054 Brightest known super-nova starts shining, for 23 days.

1187 HORNS OF HATTIN (Defeat of the Kingdom of Jerusalem by Saladin)

1189 Henry II of England accepts a humiliating peace offer from Phillip I of
France, Richard "Lionheart," and John "Lackland"

1190 Kings Philip II & Richard I meet at V‚zelay, France, and set off on the
3rd Crusade

1415 Creation of William Bruges as first Garter King-of-Arms by Henry V,
King of England

1519 Johann Tetzel, salesman of papal indulgences in Germany, dies

1519 Martin Luther joins the Disputation of Leipzig

1537 Death of Magdalen, Wife of James V and Queen of Scotland

1567 Abdication of Mary, Queen of Scots