[Loch-ruadh] Tavern at Defender

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri May 4 08:16:26 PDT 2001

Here are my considerations:

Please email me your opinion on this and answer the
following questions:

1.  Should we run a drinks tavern at Defender?

Does it make a profit?  If so, does Loch Ruadh keep a portion of the
proceeds?  If so, then yes.

2.  Should we do it alone or with one or both of the
other groups?

We would have a larger pool of volunteers if we did it with the other
groups, plus, we'd get to socialize with our sister cantons.

3.  Should we do prepackaged drinks only, or also
offer tea, lemonade and coffee?

Tea, lemonade, and coffee would be good, but how many people have a food
handler's permit, and of those, how many are willing to participate.  Can
tea, lemonade, and coffee be set up as a "self-serve" type thing and not
need people to have food handler's permits?

4.  Should we offer any food/snack items?

can we do unpeeled apples, oranges, bananas, etc., without having to have
food handler's permits?  Do we want non-period items such as packaged chips,
cookies, etc.?

Also, would the tavern be run only during the day Saturday and perhaps
Sunday morning, or would it be open into the evening hours?  How many people
will be needed to run it?

Just my deux sous.

Madelina