[Loch-ruadh] Possible Canton Office

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue May 29 08:48:40 PDT 2001

When discussing this issue with Padraig and others, it was also mentioned
that several people were not thrilled with the name of the office, and
wondered if perhaps we could come up with something else to call it.  I know
Elfsea tried "Ministry of the Future" at one point, but I believe this has
fallen by the wayside; I may be wrong, however, as I haven't taken the
Scroll in quite a number of years.

My main reason for wanting to revive the MoC is just as Padraig mentioned,
to better school our children in the principles of the SCA.  I would love
for all the children of Loch Ruadh to be shining examples of the principles
we hold dear, and I believe more focus could be given to instilling these
fundamental codes of conduct.

Keep in mind, however, that having a MoC is not mandatory for a canton.  I
believe it is mandatory for a shire, though.

In deep thought,
Madelina