[Loch-ruadh] 3-kings fiasco

D Foreman dougf_1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 07:07:07 PST 2001

I thank you, Chris for this info. I've been in the SCA for 4 years and have never heard of this rule. I cannot remember seeing any notation regarding paperwork for animals on any website hosting events....here or up north. My SCA handbook is more than 4 years old so I need a new one. Texas law? So be it. Up north, dog tags suffice. I have a friend up north who has several bats and breeds Frisian war horses...no one said anything to her except in the case of when she represents the SCA in parades or mundane type of event.  I'm not sorry for my out-spokenness or percieved, yet unintentional rudeness, for I think it is a silly rule concerning anything other than livestock or dangerous exotic animals (lions and tigers and such). I do, however, appologize for saying that the information was not listed in the 3 K event website. For that, I'm quite sorry to have said.

Ossian