[Loch-ruadh] 3-kings fiasco

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Sun Nov 11 11:27:24 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
At 07:07 AM 11/11/01 -0800, you wrote:

I thank you, Chris for this info. I've been in the SCA for 4 years and have
never heard of this rule. I cannot remember seeing any notation regarding
paperwork for animals on any website hosting events....here or up north. My
SCA handbook is more than 4 years old so I need a new one. Texas law? So be
it. Up north, dog tags suffice. I have a friend up north who has several bats
and breeds Frisian war horses...no one said anything to her except in the case
of when she represents the SCA in parades or mundane type of event.  I'm not
sorry for my out-spokenness or percieved, yet unintentional rudeness, for I
think it is a silly rule concerning anything other than livestock or dangerous
exotic animals (lions and tigers and such).
Ossian

I happen to have my October Blackstar here at hand and took a look through it
at the ads.
The ones on pages 14, 24, 26 & 27 all stated that proper paper work was
required. Page 18 &  the ad for Northkeep on page 29 were the only 2 ads that
did not mention pets.  All the other ads, including Namron on page 12 and
Eldern Hills on pate 17, said no pets were allowed on site.  Now, you maybe
right about the websites; I wouldn't know since I don't go there. I read the
ads in the Blackstar instead and the Blackstar ad requirements suggest you
list the pet rules in your ad.  Another good reason for getting the Blackstar.
As far as it being a silly rule, I whole heartily disagree with you on that
but then everyone knows I am an avid animal lover.  If they allowed
unvaccinated pets on site I certainly would not take one of mine there.  The
rule is as much for your animals protection, as it is for the people.  If you
have never seen a rabid animal or seen one die from rabies, let me tell you it
is not  a pretty site.  Neither is one dying from rat poison; I've seen that
as well.
It also saddens me to see dead trees, but that is another story.
I'll put my soapbox away now and go back to being my sweet little 'ole lady
self; who still has a few passions left.  This being one of them.
Bicé