[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Nov. 12

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 11 21:01:16 PST 2001

607 Death of Pope Boniface III.
956 Coronation of Lothair ( France).
1035 Death of Canute I, "the Great" ( England, Norway, etc.).
1094 Death of Duncan II ( Scotland).
1202 Death of Canute VI ( Denmark).
1276 Edward I ( England) launches war on Llywelyn ap Gruffudd.
1308 The Papal Commission investigating the Templars is seated.
1381 Adolphus, Count of Cleves, institutes the Order of Fools.
http://www.bibliomania.com/2/3/174/1121/14788/1/frameset.html
1439 Plymouth, England, becomes the first town incorporated by Parliament.
1459 University of Basel, Switzerland, chartered.
1493 Birth of Paracelsus, Switzerland, physician, alchemist.
1494 Revolt of Pisa from Florentine rule.