[Loch-ruadh] Proposed Gulf War Pity Event - Please Read and Respond

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Tue Oct 9 08:07:29 PDT 2001

To all who consider themselves part of the Canton of Loch Ruadh,
Greetings

It has been proposed that we hold a Gulf Wars Pity event (much like Lughnasad is a Pennsic Pity event) that will give those who do not / cannot attend Gulf Wars an event to attend during that time frame.

I have written an event proposal and submitted it to our Seneschal.  We are going to discuss this proposed event at Officers Meeting tomorrow evening and decide whether or not to commit to doing it.

In order to make an informed decision on this, I think we need to know:  does the Populace of Loch Ruadh support doing this event?  And by support, I don't just a general "yeah, let's do it", but a commitment by a majority of people to actually work on the event as activity coordinators, waterbearers, trolls, security, feast preparers and servers, marshals, setup and teardown, and a host of other duties that must be accomplished to ensure a successful event.

If we get the word out early enough, I feel confident that we can get an attendance of at least 100 to 200 people.

So if you are willing to take an active role in this event, please let me know.  If you wish, volunteer for a specific job (feastocrat/activity coordinator/marshal/etc), or just state that you're willing to work in some capacity at/for the event.  Come to Officers Meeting if you can, or just email me (on the list or privately) with your comments.

Many thanks,
Padraig
Nunc est bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants