[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Sept. 29

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 28 23:06:22 PDT 2001

Michaelmas
855 Death of Lothair I, Holy Roman Emperor.
996 Pope Gregory V driven from the Throne by a revolt.
1066 William of Normandy, "the Bastard," occupies Hastings.
1227 Excommunication of Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor.
1273 Election of Rudolph I as King of Germany.
1322 "Sir John de Mandeville" flees England.
1364 AURAY; Death of Charles of Blois.
1397 Thomas Mowbray created first Duke of Norfolk.
1493 Columbus leaves Cadiz, Spain on his second expedition.
1513 Vasco Nunez de Balboa "takes possession" of the Pacific Ocean.
1515 The Swiss Confederation signs a peace treaty with France.
1518 Birth of Tintoretto. (best I can find is just references to a painting
of the battle)
1547 Birth of Miguel de Cervantes.
1560 Death of Gustavus I Eriksson ( Sweden).
1567 Huguenot uprising in France.
1582 Death of St. Theresa.