[Loch-Ruadh] alligator info - totally OT

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Thu Aug 22 13:07:39 PDT 2002

Bonjour, mes amis!

Just caught a radio show on KTCU, 88.7 FM, about alligators & etc.  Thought
those of you at bardic last night might be interested.  It will be
re-broadcasted at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.  KTCU is also available as web radio.
I'm sure the details are on the website:  http://www.ktcu.tcu.edu

Briefly, they stated that crocodiles are endangered, alligators are
threatened.  But alligators have recovered to such an extent that hunting
licenses are issued on occasion.

For more info, I refer you to these sites:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/crocmap/
http://utweb.ut.edu/faculty/mmeers/bcb/
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/hunt/regs/2003/animal_listing/#alligator

Happy hunting.  I hear the tail is good eating.

Adieu,
Madelina