Fw: [Loch-Ruadh] !!!Thank you

Angelia Wallis angelia_wallis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 19:40:30 PST 2002

I am very offended by the post about House Mac.  I arrived on site early to fulfill a promise made to Dragons Fire Tor by Loch Ruadh.  Once down there Lady Dana and myself got the seating reserved for the 50+ members of Loch Ruadh who had said they were attending.  It is very difficult to seat 50+ people taking into consideration some of the special needs that some of our members have plus keeping families and friends together.  I chose to place the children at a table together for the Birthday and because Lord Eirik had allowed them to play with his board game box which was on the table against the wall. I have always considered myself Loch Ruadh first and House Mac second and if I was only thinking of House Mac at Yule I would not have taken time from setting up and decorating the hall to make sure that each and every person from Loch Ruadh had a seat reserved.  I will not apologize for wanting to sit with my household. How is it that no other household was mentioned for sitting together and why were we singled out?

House Mac has always done their part to assist the people in Loch Ruadh at events. Generally House Mac get to a camp site early and reserves camping space for Loch Ruadh with one exception this year which was our own event.  Unlike many households in the SCA all of our members participate in activities under the Loch Ruadh name.  We are proud of our Canton and all of us from House Mac want to see it grow and be prosperous.

I am very tired of seeing our household get slammed for what all households do.  If there is a problem I do not understand why it has to be a public spectical everytime.  I do not bring every problem with someone or a group to a public list. I have always handled problems private because it is not polite to catch people of guard. (of course you usually put them on the defensive)  If people do not want House Mac as active as it is then people need to start working at events, bid for offices, start teaching classes and most of all work to make this Canton grow.  I am sorry if this post offends anyone but this is the final time that I want to here about people not being happy with the seating at Yule.  I tried my best to accomadate everyone.  Next time maybe it should be first come first serve with no seating reserved.  I do not want someone next year have to listen the to what I have listened to this year.  Apparently people are to busy looking at small things instead of being thankful for a reserved seat.  By the way this post was not the first complaint that I heard about the seating.

In Service to Loch Ruadh,

Aingeal