[Loch-ruadh] Fw: Ancient Finnish costume

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue Jan 15 08:32:08 PST 2002

<<snippage>>

> This is really important because experimental archeology ....

Logan has always called his blacksmithing "experimental archeology".  He
tells a funny story on himself:

Rolf the Red was on a dig in Norway or Sweden (can't remember which), and
overheard some of the archeologists talking about a 1,000 year old iron
trove they had unearthed.  Amongst the bits and pieces, they found an oddly
twisted bar.  They didn't know what to make of it.  Rolf walked over, picked
it up, and told the guys what it was.  When he related this story to Logan,
he said, "dang, Logan, I knew you'd been making portable holes for a long
time, but I had no idea just how long you'd been at it...."

Madelina