[Loch-ruadh] Fw: [Elfsea] Question for the Baronial Applicants (Darius & Rosalia)

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Thu Jan 31 07:04:50 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Darius and Monica <dmriney at earthlink.net>
To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Elfsea] Question for the Baronial Applicants

Ly Eleanor asked
>Good gentles,
>I have but one question of those who have so far outlined their
interest in
becoming Baron and Baroness of our fair land:

>What ideas do you have to enrich our barony? How do you plan to improve
upon what glorious things we have already >achieved?
<Snip>

We have considered carefully what we would do if chosen to follow in the
line of Lord and Lady Elfsea. There are many things we would hope and
dream
for this land that is our home. For it is just that, a home. We believe
that
every one who comes to these lands should be welcome and feel as if they
have found a place to belong. This is by no means an easy goal. It is
one
that no two people can accomplish on their own. It is one that we would
ask
the people of Elfsea to embrace with us so that with many hands and
hearts
at work it may yet be achieved.

We have considered many ideas and concepts to bring a higher sense of
community to our home. Among theses concepts is personal recognition for
acts of grace, courtesy, and the noble ideals of chivalry. Also in our
consideration are methods of recognition for artisans who through their
works support the Barony and all her lands, as well as full
acknowledgement
of those who through both participation and support make our marshal
activities such as Chivalric fighting , Rapier, Archery, Live Weapons,
and
recently the youth activities possible.

First and foremost on our minds and hearts, however, is to be open to
the
ideas, desires, and needs of our populace. Last fall we had the pleasure
sit and converse with the Queen of Caid. During this conversation she
took
off her crown and showed us there within it, words of wisdom meant as a
reminder for the person wearing it. "We rule because they believe." For
any
leader in this society the words ring true. Without first considering
the
needs of the populace, no one who wears a crown or coronet can hope to
succeed in their role as a noble in another persons dream.

At Home in Elfsea
Master Darius of the Bells
HL Rosalia O Brogan