[Loch-ruadh] Congratulations

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 07:58:22 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/15/2002 7:55:19 AM Central Standard Time,
slugmusk at linuxlegend.com writes:

> Dohmnall O'Ruairc wrote:
>
> > I would like to congratulate Lady Asa for winning the Best New Scribe
> > segment of the An Tir Twelfth Night Backlog Scroll competition.
>
> Congratulations, boss!
>
> Details?
>
> Sluggy!

The scroll I did was a service award similar to the Sable Comet, for service
to the kingdom of An Tir.  It was commissioned by the kingdom's Sable Sable
Caldae.  This kingdom hands out only handdone scrolls, no preprints, so the
backlog was getting quite large.  That's how I came to do an out of kingdom
scroll, to help out.  The following is a snippet from the posting on the 12th
Night competition they entered it into at the event it was given to Countess
Berengaria.  There was 22 entrants.  A couple of the out of kingdom scribes I
know from the scribal list, as they do a large amount of work.

Thank you for the congrats!  I felt like I had sent my baby off when I mailed
it off the first of the year - never to be seen again.

Asa

Congratulations Lady Asa,

You won the Best new scribe portion of the contest which was voted on by
our royal peers. It's too late now but I'll give you some comments on
your scroll later. thanks so much for participating. I'm enclosing the
email Tamlyn sent out so you can read about the contest.

Celdae

I wanted to thank those scribes both in and out of An Tir who entered
our12th Night Backlog Scroll contest (we had 22 entries).    ....(snip)..

Best New Scribe - Lady Asa Hrafnasdottir for Beregnaria's Goutte (seen
here recently on the scribe's list - people who had seen it on-line said that
the pictures didn't do justice to how well it looked in person) - I need to
send her the prize, the book "The Illuminated Alphabet" in addition to a
special scribal coin given to those who entered scrolls for the backlog
which I
also need to send to our  two other out of Kingdom entrants Sarra the
Limner and Eibhear O'Seanachain.