[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: Textiles and Thread

Steve Rourke srourke at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 30 23:55:55 PDT 2002

Thought someone might be interested.

Subject: Textiles and Thread

IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN THREAD OR FABRIC PRODUCTION TOOLS AND/OR MATERIALS THEN PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY FOR THIS DISTRACTION AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE

otherwise...

Greetings,

  I am putting out this mail to those who either Spin or weave or who are decidedly interested in the fiber and textile Arts (Sciences). I have high quality looms, spinning wheels, materials and a great deal of equipment and accessories that is to be offered for sale. I will list more details after I have made a thorough inventory but will welcome questions and offers in the mean time.

  Some of this equipment will include:

1>  An AVL brand 16 harness Dobby loom with automatic cloth advance, fly shuttle equipment, warping box and many other accessories.  Although this is a very close to period item, it is, however, a cottage industry tool and will be appropriately priced.

2>  An upright style 2 harness tapestry loom with treadles and a counterweighted beating arm

3>  Two excellent quality spinning wheels with accessories for spinning and plying

4>  Warping wheels and warping boards

5>  skein winders

6>  miles and miles of assorted threads

7>  pounds of wool, silk, and other fibers (some dyed and some natural)

8>  Skeins of spun and dyed/un-dyed thread

9>  Raw fiber tools, i.e. cards (old & new) an electric carding machine...

10> Dyes and Dying equipment (some professional dyes and chemicals too)

and many, many more things to be listed at a later date as I get through the inventory.

If you have interest in any of these things and have specific questions please email me directly
davesevilchocolates at msn.com   -please use the words "Textile Equipment for Sale" in your subject line and I will do my best to give you as much information as I can.  I am a great believer in the arts and sciences in the SCA so I wanted to get the word out here first.  Most of these tools and materials will be able to be used for more authentic Garb and for creating entries for a variety of sciences competitions.  I, myself wear some of the hand woven fabric from the AVL loom and it creates a great deal of response.  The are remaining items from my late mothers' estate, most of which I am familiar with and do not use because my arts & sciences interests lie elsewhere.
  If you have an interest in the kind of weaving you can do with the AVL loom, please use your online service to go to www.complex-weavers.org  take your time looking to find examples and get a good look at some of the stunning fabrics.
  If I am contacted with serious interest I can provide photos of the items for sale or we can arrange a personal inspection for you of the larger items if you don't mind traveling to south San Jose.  Some things I will be able to bring to a limited number of events but I prefer that those Items have offers already on the table.

 For some of the materials, I will consider bartering

-Please, send questions if you need any information, wish to make offers or have real interest in these sorts of things-

   In service,

Lord William A. MacDougall
Lists Officer to the Province of the Southern Shores
Principality of the Mists
Kingdom of the West