[Loch-Ruadh] FW: [Elfsea] Highland Games - Bardic

Spence Mabry Spence.Mabry at radioshack.com
Sat Jun 1 13:13:49 PDT 2002

This might be of interest.

Ceatta

-----Original Message-----
From: Tessa Nieto [mailto:eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 3:06 PM
To: elfsea at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Elfsea] Highland Games - Bardic

Have you ever wanted to be a bard but didn't have the
guts to get up and compete? Don't worry, we've all
been there. But, now is your chance to try your hand
at the Bardic Arts at the Texas Scottish Festival and
Highland Games!

That's right! Come and test your bardic skills for the
crowd as our daring fighters duel and clang at each
other in the list field. Weave tales of bravery,
cowardice and everything in between! Or, if you are
not partial to improvisation, come with a tale!

We display the combat arts and the static arts. Now,
here is our chance to show the mundane populace the
bardic arts.

I issue a challenge to all of Elfsea's Bards to come
out and entertain Their Excellencies, the populace of
Elfsea and the crowds at the Highland Games. No
pressure. No competition. Just a good time to be had
by all! Won't you join me?

Eleanor Cleavely
Bard-In-Training and
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells

=====
The human language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out a tune for
a dancing bear, when we hope with our music to move the stars.
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary