[Loch-Ruadh] Highland Games Update

Spence and Robin Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sun Jun 2 11:59:14 PDT 2002

Greetings to all Gentles in each of my electronic voice ---

All Highland tickets are spoken for.  I will be fighter practice today
(hint Crystal and Granya) and at business meeting tomorrow (put me on
the agenda, Fearghus) to hand them out.  There are those, I know, who
asked for tickets but we just ran out.  The Texas Highland Games gave us
the number they gave us last year and I still had to ask for more in
order to try and cover the overwhelming response this year.  Which means
(I HOPE) that this will be one of the best Highland Games demos we have
ever had!

That all being said, here is the really important news:

1)  We will need any and all Arts and Science demonstration stuff you
can afford to bring out.  Maria Of The New Name is in charge of helping
to set this up (see what happens when you open your mouth around me), so
contact her about what you are going to bring.  But also let me know, so
I can arrange to make sure we have enough display space for the event.

2)  I have a list of people who said they would provide me with
pavilions for the event.  Could each one of those people reply
confirming that?

3)  We will need help loading stuff from the shed on Friday at around
10:30 a.m.  Several people have already volunteered and responded to my
earlier e-mail.  Anyone else feeling vigorous that day is welcomed to
join us.  This also includes those with any available transportation so
that we might be able to load the Blue and Gold and some tables to take
over the site.

4)  Other than what is available food-wise at the Games, there will be
simple sandwich fixings, soft drinks, water, and Gatorade-type drinks
available.  However, if you have any special requirements/needs, you
will need to provide for your own.

5)  Tickets.  Sigh.  I wish I had enough passes for everyone that
request them, but I don't.  Some people who even requested them were
generous enough to say that they would pay the gate fee (Saturday -
$12.00, Sunday - $9.00 adults; Children $3.50 both days, but I do have
more of those tickets).  If you contacted me but did not receive your
ticket, let me know and I will either make arrangements to get you your
ticket or explain to you why you did not get one (not every one who
asked for a ticket got one).

6)  Times for the Highland Games are:

5:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Friday
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Saturday (that's 12 midnight for you Texans)
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday

We have to be out of the stadium by 4:30 on Friday, otherwise it costs
you $9.00 (children $3.50 -- they're real consistent their).

If there are any more questions about this demo, please contact me.

Ceatta
Demo Coordinator, Elfsea