[Loch-Ruadh] FW: Word of the Day: boustrophedon (seen on a Greek bistro menu?)

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri Jun 7 08:18:23 PDT 2002

Okay, I'm only sending this one because it has to do with something which
might be of relevance to someone.  Can anyone name a language which conforms
to this type of writing?  50 bonus points if you do.  Also, keep the
definition in mind when trying to read the sentence in which it is used.  It
helped me to switch my display from 640x480 (which I use most of the time
because one of the programs I use frequently here at work is soooo oooold)
to 800x600.

Madelina

TODAY'S eTIP(TM): boustrophedon (seen on a Greek bistro menu?)

boustrophedon [boo stro FEE dun]

adjective

Designating or of an ancient form of writing in which the lines run
alternately from right to left and left to right.