[Loch-Ruadh] Storage Building Workday and Potluck Barbeque

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu May 9 14:34:00 PDT 2002

We're having a workday to clean and make ready the storage building that Conall and Magdalea offered to let us use to store the Canton "stuff" (pavilions, tables, etc).  It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

And since we never pass up an opportunity to party together, bring something to scorch on the barbeque grill and/or a side dish and we'll eat afterward.

When:  This Saturday, 11 May, starting at 9:00am
       (we want to do the work before it warms up too much)

Where:  Click here
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=7063+Horseshoe+Bend+Trail&csz=Weatherford%2C+TX&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map
for an online map, or better yet, follow the excellent directions below:

Address: 7063 Horseshoe Bend Trail
         Weatherford, Texas 76087
Phone:   817-613-1399 (metro)

Directions: Take I-20 West to Weatherford. Take Exit #408. Stay on  the access road,  you will come to Hwy 51 (Main St), go through the light and stay on the access road and you will come to a 4 way stop, this is Tin Top Road, go past it and stay on the access road, and you will come to another 4 way stop that is FM 1884 (also known as Bethel Rd but you cant see that sign).

At 1884 turn left and go under I-20. Stay on  FM 1884 for about 6.5 to 7 miles and you will see on the right several signs for Horseshoe Bend and then see the street Horseshoe Bend Road.

Turn right on Horseshoe Bend Road and go about 4.4 miles (this road is VERY twisty and hilly, be careful!) you will come to a 4 way intersection and see the Horseshoe Bend Volunteer Fire Dept building this street is Iroquois.

Turn left at the Horseshoe Bend Volunteer Fire Dept building (this street is Iroquois, the street sign hard to see).  Go about 0.5 miles and take the last street to your right which is Horseshoe Bend Trail (note, the street sign only says Horseshoe Bend).  You will know it is the last street because if you keep going straight you will end up in the river!!  Go about 0.4 miles on Horseshoe Bend Trail and the house will be on the left hand side of the road. We're a brown frame house.

Note to Polydore and the MacFergus's:  When coming from Springtown its faster for you to take FM 51 into Weatherford. From FM 51 take the 1884 and follow the directions from 1884 as above.

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com