[Loch-Ruadh] The Saga of getting the truck home <very long but not as long as the actual event>

MacDaddy Raver at ev1.net
Sat Aug 16 18:35:00 PDT 2003

Greetings,
Well, the long tough journey of getting my truck home from Canton is finally over, and before I begin the Saga, I just want to say one thing......
U HAUL sucks hemmoroidal goat ass!

First, many thanks to Alaric who was going to be the unlucky person who got to Tow The Beast Home, be glad that your services were not needed,  be very glad

My Saga with Uhaul begins Wendsday Morning when i log on to the Uhaul site to reserve an auto carrier,  the site asks me all kindsa stupid questions then tells me i cannot use Alarics truck to pull mine home with because his is too light...so I call 1 800 Go Uhaul as the site suggests, I get some bimbo <the reason she is a bimbo will come much later in this story, but trust me on this...bimbo is actually being way to kind> after being on hold for 15 minutes..she asks me what I am towing home and what I am going to tow with, again, I tell her the same information put in the website..oh yeah, I forgot to mention..if Alarics truck was a 2002 the website would have made my reservations, she again tells me that his truck isn't heavy enough, it only weighs 4200 pounds an we need a minimum of 4500...I have to rent one of their trucks....I say okay, ,she gives me the prices and it is still much cheaper then having to have it TOwed by a Tow company so I get my reservation confirmation numberand she says thwey will call me back Thursday to confirm my reservation and If I canceel after thursday they willcharge me a 50.00 cancelation fee...Okaya, that is fine my me, I'm all ready for this...
Thursday rolls by with no call from Uhaul so Friday..I call the number she gave me to call concerning my reservation and I am on hold this time for 20 minutes...I get some woman who tells me yes, My Reservation is in the system, my rate is locked and they will call me later that day to tell me where I need to go in Cantom to pick up my rental...well..All day Friday goes by with no call from U Haul..so I get up bright an early< well not real early, was up will 3 am watching movies that were due back to blockbuster Friday Morning, but was up at 8:30> Saturday morning and call the Uhaul number...I am on hold for One Hour and Thirty Minutes!!! before I get someone, all this time listenning to this message about how EASY it is to do reservations online or over the phone over and over and over again... when someone does finally answer the phone, she again confrims what I am towing, "Yes Ma'am, its a 1992 F150 Extended Cab Pick up, no Ma'am, its not 4 wheel drive...."
and then tells me there are no auto carriers available in Canton, but the truck is available, would I like to just rent the truck....well I bite back my first 3 responses and calmly explain that I don't have any use for the truck rental with out the auto carrier because the only reason I am renting the truck is because they won't let my friends truck pull the autocarrier...She Asks where i am at an what route I am taking to Canton and she weill try to find a aurocarrier and truck along the route and no, I will not be charged the extra milage to drive the truck to Canton, she will call be back as soon as she finds something...by now this is 11 am <And alaric wanted to me to meet him at his house at seven thrity to get an early start..... > at twelve thirty she calls back, they have located a truck and auto carrier...in north dallas..would i mind going there to pick it up..well sincee i have no real choice in this matter, i say of course not, will they have it ready when i get there in about an hour? yes of course...so we hop in the car an head to harry hines and nw hiway....we get there and the people there are like "huh"? I gently explain the situation and they say yes, they have one autocarrier left and they will go get it ready...this is about two now....after standing arounf the uhaul place for about 45 minutes < they do not have customer seating...> they come in and tell me they cannot get the lights on the trailer to work an it will be a lil longer...I go out to look at this trailer and it appears that in order to get my truck on it, i need to cut off the back 3 feet....... so i go back in an ask them "Are you sure that an F150 extended cab will fit on this trailer?" the Guy looks at me like I am insane <which isn't far frrom the truth at this time> and says "No Way, This is for compact cars, You need the 5 Ton carrier which is pulled by a Semi...." well the day is gettin on an I really don't wanna be towing the truck home after dark so I ask "do you happen to have one here?" of course they DON'T...so we go back in to the store and rthey get on the computer and call the 1-800 go uhaul number to find out what the hell is goin on..the lady asks what did i tell them i was towing, i told gher the f150, she confirms with the people on the phone yes, that is what is in the reservation, then why did they set it up with this style autocarrier, well.... it turns out the afore mention BIMBO when she entered in the information..the computer told her this was an "unsafe towing condition" and she decided to hit "override" well..finally,. we decide to say screw it, had Uhaul reverse the charges on the CC and we will go to Canton an drive the sumbitch home.. we get to Canton about 4:00, grab a bite to eat at dairy palace<we had planned to have BREAKFAST there but...> go to walmart, buy a bottle of Transeal and dump it in the truck and head on our merry way, now the truck seems to be running okay, no overdrive but it shifs into 3rd okay and we can motor along at 60-65 without too much of an issue its runnin a lil warm but nothing too serious...We get to Arlington an Pook signals for me to pull over, so we exit, pull into a 7-11 and she tells me for the laast 6 or 7 miles the truck has been smoking awful bad...I smell burning Transmission fluid but the guages seem okay so I tell her screw it <well that wasn't the actual word i used but children might be readin this> we drive it till it drops...I get back in and put the trruck in reverse to back up and nothing happens...I start to get a bit panicky but after about a minute, the trucks kicks into gear and I back out.....we get back on the freeway and head towards weatherford..the trtuck drives fine except for be a bit on the warm side and occasional puffs of smoke. we made it fine, even stopped of at Home Deopt an bought an amour with the money we DIDN'T spend at Uhaul...
thus ends the saga...but to every saga there should be a moral, and this moral is... Do Not Ever Ever try to do anything with Uhaul over the phone or online...they SUCK

Mac Daddy