[Loch-Ruadh] Lughnasad Recap (Revised)

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Fri Aug 15 09:25:51 PDT 2003

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain wrote:

>>Attention all Lughnasad Coordinators

>>Your SCA name
Robartach O'Sluaghain

>>The activity you were coordinator for
Teardown

>>Items used for the activity
Many backs

>>Brief report on the activity

>>Procedures to keep
Keeping the storage container for each pavillion *with* that pavillion
greatly facilitated breaking each one down.

>>Procedures to change
>>Procedures to stop using

>>Procedures to add

A good procedure would be for setup and teardown coordinators to
communicate directly to create a simple list of what goes where after
the event. This list could also be used by anyone who needed to assist
with teardown or if some emergency prevents the teardown coordinator
from completing their duties. In my case, I was not able to be there for
setup, so while I had a general handle on what all needed to be taken
down, and others knew where each item was to go after the event, I was
really just another teardown crew member and the autocrat really served
more in the capacity of the teardown coordinator. We all know that the
autocrat does not need *more* to do. :)

As always, we had ample labor, so that was not a problem...

Sluggy!

--

"We have almost forgotten how strange it is that so
  huge and powerful and intelligent an animal as a

                                 Peter Gray

"The horse. Here is nobility without conceit,
  friendship without envy, beauty without vanity.
  A willing servant, yet no slave."

                                 Ronald Duncan