[Loch-Ruadh] Update on Pookie

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Wed Jan 15 14:07:48 PST 2003

Thank for all the well wishes, phone calls and visits while I was in the
hospital. Here's the readers digest version of what happened:

Friday morning I began having chest pain radiating up my jaw down my
left arm accompanied with shortness of breath and nausea. Of course
since I work in a medical environment 911 was called and my blood
pressure was found ot be 160/110 (this is not a good blood pressure) and
I don’t have a history of high blood pressure. So off to the hospital I
go. In the ER, even though all my lab work was normal, it was decided
that since I have lupus and I have a family history of heart disease (as
in my father is on a heart transplant list) they made the decision to
keep me and do MORE tests (I tend to agree with Conall that they kept me
because I have good insurance). After spending the weekend in the
hospital bored outta my skull, on Monday at about 2pm they did at
cardiac Catherization and found that I have nice clean arteries; though
they did find that I have to be unusual in SOMETHING and that something
is one of my coronary arteries isn’t in the usual place but it is NOT
causing any problems and is happy and healthy where it is.  I am off
work till I see my "regular" doctor tomorrow (who I have never seen, I
see his Nurse Practioner) and get my work release.

For those who have had this, and similar, catherizations I say this:
OUCH. Nuff said.

Magdalea/Pookie/Paulette
Take yer pick on names

---