[Loch-Ruadh] Update on Pookie

Gerald Lewis glewis01 at charter.net
Tue Jan 14 05:49:19 PST 2003

Elizabeth wrote:
> Hey, Pookie! Wanna compare scars??? Did you watch
> on the monitor?  Did they tell jokes while you were on
> the table?  Did they give you a choice of music to listen
> to during the procedure but refused to go get the drum
> CD out of your purse in the room?  Dontcha just LOVE
> those good reports?  Aren't you glad God knows more
> than the doctors?
>
> /Elizabeth

****warning only read the following if you want to enter the very scary
realm of Suzannes inner thoughts****

Elizabeth, I always like to tell the doctors NO when they offer me music.
hee hee it really seems to throw them off when I say something morbid like
well what if you mess up and you ruin my favorite song for me?  Why would I
want to listen to Bocelli while having my abdomen carved open?  It doesn't
make sense does it?  When I listen to music I want to think of romantic
happy things or rockin out to it.  Not the operating theater!  Hearing a
song can take me back 20 or 30 years, and I definitely don't want to be
going back to the operating room.  *smiles*

I can still remember the bumps in the road on the way to my brothers funeral
with the Beatles "Got to get you into my life ba bop ba ba ba ba" and the
plymouth hitting the ruts in the dirt road to the bops bops in the music and
watching my mom trying to control the vehicle.  I was 8 at the time.  So
when I hear that song, I cannot enjoy it.

I had the anesthetic wear off during a cesarean and could feel them
manipulating my uterus and told them this much.  Thankfully I wasn't
listening to my favorite CD.  *smiles*

All right too much information already!  I got on a tangent there but my
original thought was that I don't like music in the operating room.

Suzanne