[Loch-Ruadh] Columbia sound

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Thu Jan 30 10:11:11 PST 2003

Conall and I were sitting in our computer room when Columbia exploded.
We heard a loud boom and the house shook. We thought it was a crazy
neighbor trying to start a brush fire with gasoline (again) and didn’t
think anything about it other than making a comment of "which stupid
neighbor". I got up about 20 minutes later and went to let the dogs out
and saw on CNN (we don’t have a TV in the computer room) that Columbia
had exploded over DFW. :/

Magdalea

I was at the computer yesterday morning around 8am when I heard the boom
and
what sounded like some rolling thunder afterwards.  I thought that maybe
it
was a transformer or something in the area that went out.  I had no clue
that it was the shuttle flying overhead.

Eirik

---