[Loch-Ruadh] A Bit Off The Topic

Spence Mabry SMABRY at flash.net
Tue Jul 22 08:43:08 PDT 2003

Most of probably know that I love mysteries, and I
definitely love mysteries set in our time period.
Well, for any of you out there that are early 14th
century English, if you have not discovered this
author -- Michael Jecks, you are really missing
something.  Not only are they good mysteries in and of
themselves, but they are loaded with historical
details that are hard to find elsewhere.  So far the
novels run from 1314 to 1323, but I have a feeling as
long as Sir Baldwin lives, they will continue.

Here is the list of the novels (they are not cheap
over here -- they run $9.95 per paperback new, but I
think they are well worth it):

THE LAST TEMPLAR
THE MERCHANT'S PARTNER
A MOORLAND HANGING
THE CREDITON KILLINGS
THE ABBOT'S GIBBET
THE LEPER'S RETURN
SQUIRE THROWLEIGH'S HEIR
BELLADONNA AT BELSTONE
THE TRAITOR OF ST GILES
THE BOY-BISHOP'S GLOVEMAKER
THE TOURNAMENT OF BLOOD
THE STICKLEPATH STRANGLER
THE DEVIL'S ACOLYTE
THE MAD MONK OF GIDLEIGH

Also, Mr. Jecks is going to be in this country this
October (in Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; and Indiana).
I'd love to get him to stop by the Elfsea-Steppes area
if we could, but I don't know if that's possible.

To find out more about him and his books, go to

http://www.michaeljecks.co.uk/

In Service and deeply read

Ceatta