[Loch-Ruadh] Merry adventures of Constance and company

shawen shawen at swbell.net
Tue Mar 18 19:37:45 PST 2003

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
 It started in Ft. Worth,
 with a fateful trip.

 Captain was Mike the quiet man,
 his skipper pam his wife.
Nine passengers set off that day,
on a 10 hour caravan.

The weather never did get rough,
but the trailor did get tossed.
If not for the help of a cute cowboy,
 the whole group would've lost.

The trucks arrived at finally at our camp,
with Vivianne, and Mike the skipper too,
Ranulf and his wife, Vigulf one ball,
Constance and The Kids.
All at camp in Loch Ruadh.

*smiles* my amusing addition to our news letter. We had a very bumpy week, making for a rocky first time at Gulf Wars. Our trailor Rocked the whole trip, making our overall travel speed no faster than Sixty. We broke the hitch on our trailor going over the railroad tracks and had to have it towed by Joch to the Hotel after the hitch was repaired. Something in the engine broke in that incident, and when we picked the truck up from the shop 2 days later, we learned they hadn't fixed it. So we'd have to drive home with what ever was broken and pray. Joch had his alternator go out in the checkin line, while towing that damed trailer.Somehow we lost a pilow? I think Brose ate it in the check in line. *grin*. Vigulf lost his glasses during the week, and had to have them replaced. It RAINED! This in itself was not a shock, the lake that formed in our tent however...was another story. Then it rained AGAIN this time our lake became a muddy swamp, completely soaking anything it could. We abandoned the tent and moved in with Joch and Vivi for the night. Fortunately the sun put in an appearance the next day, we moved the tent, patched the hole and slept in our own tent once more.
Sunday came too quickly and it was time to go home. My loving mother, Constance, was the last of our group to get packed up and so our departure was...delayed a couple hours. When finally we got the trailor packed up, and attached and departed the camp grounds, Joch learned that indeed, we'd not exagerated on the rocking, and so we went and rented a tow trailor. It took some pushing, pulling and muscle but eventually we got it up on that trailor, chained down, and were ready to go.  A glance at our watch told us it had reached dinner time, and we'd skipped breakfast and lunch. So after we went and ate, we REALLY began the drive home.
This was pretty uneventful until we stopped for gas just before Shreveport, LA.. Vigulf was driving mom's truck for a shift and mentioned the steering seemed stiff. About an hour later, 20 miles outside of Marshall, TX, we sat on the side of the road. Truck was over heated and staled and would not start. The alternator had broken away from it's mount and the belt that seemed to run EVERYTHING in the engine hung slack on it's pulleys.  We piled half our group in one truck, and they drove on to Marshall and rented a motel room. Joch came back for me, zach, ranulf and Vigulf and we all packed into the motel room to make a plan. Called a tow truck to go get the truck, Joch, Viv, Taylor and Vigulf took the trailor and drove on to Ft. Worth. We stayed behind and spent the night there. Truck was fixed the next day and we headed home. We arrived safely in White Settlement at about 6 pm Monday evening. Thank you to all who checked on our progress and sent your angels to watch over us.

Anwen and Ranulf of Loch Ruadh