[Loch-Ruadh] Blame it on the Baroness Part II

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Thu Jan 8 17:16:56 PST 2004

As was discussed at Populace last night, we are reviving the game of "Blame it on the Baroness". For those of you who may have forgotten the rule, and those who haven't the rules are below. They have been slightly revamped.

As there are some people who may not be aware of everyones SCA names I would request that everyone post their SCA name as well as their real names so that everyone can be made aware of them.

Tiarna (Lord(pronounced Char-na)) Domhnall Dubh O'Ruairc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLAME IT ON THE BARONESS GAME RULES

1. The game starts after you check in with Baroness Dana and receive your game tokens. Please don't check in with her until after you have brought in your items from your vehicle.

2. You must address ANYONE at the event by an appropriate title, be it Milord, Milady, etc. If you are overheard by another member of the Canton, and they call you on it, you must give up a token to the person who caught you. The reverse also applies, if you catch someone not doing it and you call them on it, you get one of theirs.

3. The only people who will be playing the game are those who consider themselves as members of the Canton of Loch Ruadh.

4. Titles such as Lord Saxon Dog are not proper titles, despite how much fun it is to call Dunstan that!!!! Now if you want to call him Lord Dunstan the Saxon Dog that would work. :)

5. It is not necessary to bow or curtsey except when necessary such as to the Royals or their thrones.

6. No trading or giving away chips to benefit somebody else's chances of winning.

7. Remember if you don't know if someone is a Lord or Lady the use of the words "Milord" or "Milady" is appropriate. If they are someone wearing a cornet of some kind then "Your Excellency" works just fine.

8. The titles of Mother, Father, Wife, Husband, etc are acceptable only when used by a true relative. The terms Mom and Dad are NOT acceptable.

9. You cannot use the names you are used to referring to someone. You must use their SCA name, just purely as an example, if you were to address Angela it would be Lady Aingeal not Lady Angela.

10. The exchange of Tokens must very low key. The object of this game is not to embarrass people, it is to bring back using
titles.  People outside of our Canton should NOT be aware that we are having this competition!!! Please do not let this get out of hand. You cannot imagine how much this will add to the bigger game we play.

If you wish to find a list of the approved alternate titles that your persona might have used, it can be found at http://www.sca.org/heraldry/titles.html