FW: Re: [Loch-Ruadh] thoughts on bardics

John Stegall j_greywolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 26 21:46:49 PDT 2004

                               i hate to admit it  but Friday would be
better for us but i can live with Saturday
      when i am not working evening shift of have week end day duty
some times i just can't stay all night    i really do enjoy them  and
location does have some to do with it    some day when i am too old to
drive  we may be able to have it here    seems a long way  from now !
wolfie
John Stegall
j_greywolf at earthlink.net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

Kingdom of Ansteorra, SCA,Inc. <loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>
> Date: 07/25/2004 4:48:01 PM
> Subject: Re: [Loch-Ruadh] thoughts on bardics
>
> I, for one, wish bardic was on Friday nights.  Every activity seems aimed
at a Saturday.  I would like to be AWAKE for church on Sunday mornings.

> Grainne

chores and errands, I was just too tired -- not to mention, it was 9:30
p.m.  Of course, it was just getting nice and cool about then, so the heat
is a factor when it's held outside in the summertime.   Logan thought about
attending as well, but Saturday night is his big tv night on the SciFi
channel.  And anytime Weyland can have uninterrupted time on the computer
(when his sister is away), then he votes for that.

> I haven't been able to make any events or meetings of late due to health
and monetary concerns.  I'm trying to get completely out of debt before we
make a decision about where we're going to live.  Brighid's accident has
really put the bug in Logan's ear about getting out of the city.  We may
end up back in Olney, though I'm lobbying for the green banks of the
Brazos, perhaps Stephenville or Glen Rose.

> I really thought the change to Saturday was going to improve bardic
attendance -- people could stay longer, have a few drinks, and have time to
sober up for the drive back.   Seems like it hasn't been working out,
though.

> Any thoughts as to why?
>
> Madelina

months or so.  Seems that when Jock and I first joined that the bardics
were pretty big in attendance.  What has happened??